FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. I’ve seen other mobile dental companies that treat patients in a van or other motor vehicle. Is that what you are providing?
No. We are NOT a van operation. We have state-of-the-art mobile dental technology that we physically transport into your home.
2. What types of dental services can you provide?
We are able to provide almost any dental service/procedure that a traditional office can provide. This includes, but is not limited to, fillings, dentures, extractions, crowns and bridges, endodontics (root canal therapy), and teeth whitening.
3. My loved one cannot get out of bed/wheelchair -- can you treat him/her?
Yes. Our equipment provides the means necessary to treat patients who are in bed or use a wheelchair.
4. My loved one has Dementia/Alzheimer’s -- can you treat him/her?
Yes. We have training specific to meet the needs of the dementia client.
5. Do you do private home visits?
6. Do you require a minimum number of patients to come to my loved one’s community?
No. We will come to a community for one patient as needs differ for each and every client.
7. Do you accept dental insurance?
District Mobile Dental does not accept insurance at this time. However, we assist our clients in filing claims by providing them with ledgers (receipts) that indicate the services provided and allows them to submit claims on their own. Clients are then reimbursed directly by their insurance companies.
8. How are payments made for dental services provided?
Once you make an initial inquiry to District Mobile Dental, a link will be emailed to you with the necessary new patient registration forms. Payment information is part of the forms, and will be processed as procedures are completed. All procedures require prior authorization.
9. Will Medicare cover my dental expenses?
Section 1862(a)(12) of the Social Security Act provides a blanket exclusion for dental care coverage under Medicare. In other words, Medicare will not cover your fees associated with dental care.
10. How do I schedule a first appointment?
To register, call 240.485.8688. Forms will be emailed to you, and upon completion, your visit will be scheduled. These comprehensive forms provide us with information about an individual’s health that is necessary to safely treat all patients in an effective manner.
11. Why are the registration forms necessary?
Every patient is required to complete and submit our comprehensive forms in order to provide us with the information necessary (ie. medical history) that will enable us to treat you or your loved one safely and effectively.
12. What services does District Mobile Dental provide in a first visit?
A first visit from District Mobile Dental includes the following: A comprehensive examination with periodontal evaluation, head and neck examination, comprehensive x-rays and oral cancer screening. This first visit typically spans about 60 minutes. Before the completion of your visit, our dentist will explain any existing conditions and recommend the best treatment plan options to restore your smile.
13. How much does a New Patient initial visit cost?
A New Patient visit starts at $329.00.
14. If, during an examination, the dentist finds that my loved one needs additional treatment, will that treatment be performed at that time?
We will not perform any procedures without prior authorization from a responsible party. We place an emphasis on communication with responsible parties so that they understand, prior to treatment, all treatment options available for their loved ones, what those treatments entail, and the fees associated with each treatment option.
15. Do you provide emergency care?
We typically can arrange for emergency visits within 24 hours and make every effort to treat the emergency at that visit, with our primary focus being pain management.
16. Do you practice infection control?
Infection control is extremely important to us and the service we provide is as safe as any traditional dental office. Whenever possible, we use disposable (one time use) products in the treatment of our patients. All of our instruments are sterilized after every single use and we meet or exceed government standards with regard to safety, including the provision of safe water.
17. These forms ask a great deal of personal information. How do I know this information will be protected?
District Mobile Dental takes great care in protecting your personal health and financial information. Your data is always safe and secure with our HIPPA compliant software and secure hosting site.